Today's Weather in Boston

Watches, Warnings and Advisories

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Rain, rain (and humidity) go away

After days of sizzling bad heat and humidity, we saw some wicked rain. I've lived in Boston most of my life and to me, this seems like an odd summer. It started with an April-like June and now we have had weeks of humid weather. I actually enjoy the heat, but not this humidity. It is not normal. Global warming causes extremes to the Boston weather.

Despite the rain, Fenway Park was rocking with three concerts. Jimmy Buffett on Thursday, Billy Joel on Friday and Journey and Def Leppard on Saturday all brought large crowds to the ever-growing Fenway neighbourhood. I wasn't surprised to hear the music from my apartment, which is just blocks away from the park, but I was shocked to hear reports of people who heard it all the way in Cambridge. Might this make some revisit the issue of Fenway Park drastically increasing the number of concerts?

Luckily for the Red Sox they were in Baltimore with some better weather and won three games in two days, heading into Sunday with a chance for a four-game sweep.

Up next is Pearl Jam for the Fenway Concert Series with two shows in September and I can't wait.

No comments:

Martin Richard 8k at the TD Boston Garden

I'll be participating in the MRK and would be very appreciative of anyone who could donate . More details below from the Bruins page...